Version 2.4.1 adds the ability to export data via the Messages app, and the use of Face ID for app security. Mental Health Scales version 2.4.1 requires iOS 11.0 or later.
1) Please review the important security alerts on our News page.
2) Mental Health Scales has been favorably evaluated using the American Psychiatric Association app criteria.
The list of scales as it appears on the iPhone or iPod Touch
The list of scales as it appears on the iPad in portrait mode
ATTENTION: Mental Health Scales and its updates are only available from the official iTunes App Store. Never agree to updating outside the store.
Its simple, intuitive interface (and security features) means that a client can be handed the iPhone or iPad to self-rate on a scale or perform the Clock Test while being observed, or while the practitioner performs other tasks. Scores are automatically tallied and past results are readily available to the clinician for comparison.
Test histories for any number of clients can be stored securely on the mobile device and results can be emailed or messaged back to the office computer, making the application ideal for working at more than one location or facility. Results can also be printed on an AirPrint compatible printer on the same Local Area Network as the device. A user specified alternate ID is used to identify the client in exported results - the client's name does not appear in the result.
The app is easy enough to use that a client could run it on their own device and use the email or messaging feature to send in results to the practitioner.
Included Rating Scales and Tests
- ADHD-SRS (adult ADHD self-Reporting scale)
- AIMS (Abnormal Involuntary Movements Scale - quick screening for dyskinesia)
- CAGE (alcohol problem screening)
- GAD-7 (generalized anxiety disorder screening)
- GDS (geriatric depression scale - short form)
- PHQ-9 (self-rated depression scale for monitoring and diagnosis)
- PTSD Screen (post traumatic stress disorder screening)
- Clock Test (Cognitive Screening - iPad only)
- BMI (Body Mass Index + Waist Circumference)
Click here to review the features of the application on the iPhone, or here for the iPad. Data security is a prime consideration. Click here to learn more about security measures employed.